20-21 Distribution of Community Fliers
2020-2021 Distribution of Community Fliers
Little Run Elementary School (LRES) offers the opportunity for nonprofit organizations to make their materials available to students and parents. We will no longer send home paper fliers in our student’s backpacks. Fliers will be shared in our News You Choose communication on the first Friday of each quarter. Please email a pdf of your flyer to firstname.lastname@example.org by the Monday before each date below.
- 1st Quarter- Friday, September 11, 2020
- 2nd Quarter- Friday, November 6, 2020
- 3rd Quarter- Friday, January 29, 2021
- 4th Quarter- Friday, April 9, 2021
Who may bring fliers to LRES to be shared on News You Choose or placed in our Parent Corner?
- Non-school, bona-fide non-profit organization may bring fliers for distribution. If you are not known to the school, please, be prepared to confirm non-profit status.
- Organizations must have a presence (chapter or other unit of the non-profit organization) in Fairfax County.
- At this time, we are not accepting fliers for our parent area. We will reevaluate this as the pandemic proceeds.
What are the rules for fliers?
- Fliers must include the following disclaimer statement:
- “These materials are neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Fairfax County School Board, the Superintendent, or this school” It is the responsibility of the sponsoring organization to include this language on the flier.
- Material may not advocate or represent violent, illegal, or obscene activities, be of a nature to disrupt school activities, endanger the health or safety of students, constitute libel or slander, or be inappropriate to the age of elementary school students. Partisan political material and charitable donation solicitations will not be distributed
- Fliers are offered to students; students are not required to take them
- No person may distribute fliers directly to students in school buildings or on school grounds during school hours, and elementary aged students may not engage in direct distribution of fliers.
To review Regulation 1367 on Distribution of Fliers, go to https://www.fcps.edu/policies-and-regulations