Virtual Learning Schedules
Students in first grade will continue to grow as readers, writers, and mathematicians.
In Language Arts, students will explore
- reading on their own, buddy read, and participate in guided reading groups.
- reading poetry as well as fiction and non-fiction.
- developing many reading skills, including fluency and comprehension.
- writing using their imagination
In Math, students explore building concepts on
- number sense
- place value
- addition, and subtraction
- parts of a whole
This is an important year for our young learners as they establish classroom routines and study habits that will follow them through the rest of their school year.