Virtual Learning Schedule
Sixth grade is an exciting year for students as it marks the culmination of elementary school. Students tackle a challenging curriculum and honing their executive functioning skills as they prepare to enter middle school.
In Language Arts, students explore
- writing historical fiction
- bias in media messages
- developing theories about text and characters
- strengthening their ability to talk about text
In Math, students reason through
- algebraic expressions
- fraction, decimal, and percent relationships
Science focuses on
- the properties of water
- the relationship of the atmosphere
- weather patterns and fronts
- energy sources
Sixth-grade students will take the Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL) tests in reading and math.